PAP-APP team members and NAO The Gambia staff discussing audit strategies
From 2018 to 2020, IDI and AFROSAI-E are partnering with the National Audit Office of the Gambia (NAO) to strengthen its strategic management systems and initiate long-term capacity development projects.
A team of peers — including experts from the IDI, AFROSAI-E, the Audit Service of Ghana, and the Office of the Auditor General of Norway — are working closely with the Auditor General and his staff to:
- assess current capacity and needs for development
- develop a new strategic plan
- design and implement a new operational planning process
- formalize monitoring and reporting procedures
- build more effective relationships with external partners, including key stakeholders and development support providers
- develop project proposals for long-term capacity development support
The support is provided as a part of the Accelerated Peer-Support Partnership programme (PAP-APP). It benefits from funds provided by the Austrian Development Agency, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iceland, and IDI basket funds.
Project Agreements and Reports